CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Prayer of the Pilgrim


I found this last night when I was thinking of a friend of mine but it so expressed my feelings at this moment too. When thinking of the person who wrote this & how her pilgrimage has now ended in this life but I know she along with a host of others are keeping the candle burning for me.

The Prayer of the Pilgrim


Did You know the sky was inky?
Did You see I'd lost my way?
Did You feel my heart was empty?
Did You hear my spirit pray?
Did You know my world was dying?
Did You see my bosom bleed?
Did You feel my heart was crying?
Did You hear my spirit breathe?

Keep the candles burning for me.
Maybe here or far away,
Maybe somehow and someday
I will see them and be strong,
And they will light me Home to Thee.

Do You know the awful blackness
Of this vast and hollow place?
Can You feel the freezing dampness?
Do You know I'm lost in space?
And yet, although I am cold and lonely,
I think that if I had a sign
That I am not the one and only,
I can fight to stay alive.

Keep the candles burning for me.
Maybe the light through the gray
Will keep the hounds of hell at bay.
For I will see it and be strong
And it will light me Home to Thee

You must know the endless yearning;
You must love me, for I see
Countless beacons bravely burning,
Lights that say You are with me.
So I will walk into the darkness,
I will see the lights beyond,
And will not stop until the brightness
Pales with the welcome dawn.

Keep the candles burning for me.
Maybe now, or on the day
When I am too weak to pray,
I will see them and be strong
And they will light me Home to Thee.

Guard the hallowed flames of Angels.
Stand watch on the stars tonight;
Keep the solemn midnight vigil
'Till we dance the waltz by light.
For I will be Home in the morning
If I walk by candlelight.
So keep the candles burning for me,
Always burning through the night.
--Sue

0 comments: